My Favorite Team - GERMANYEuro 2008 is just around the corner. This year, Germany is my favorite team. Hope they can do well this time.
How did they perform in UEFA EURO 2004™?
• Germany were involved in the finals for the ninth successive time, qualifying for the eighth successive occasion having hosted the final tournament in 1988. In those eight qualifications, they have finished top of their qualification round group every time.
• In qualifying for UEFA EURO 2004™, Germany won five and drew their remaining three matches to finish four points clear of Scotland. Nevertheless, their only comprehensive victory came in their final match, a 3-0 defeat of Iceland in Hamburg with Michael Ballack (9), Fredi Bobic (60) and Kevin Kuranyi (79) on target.
• Two two-goal victories were recorded home and away against the Faroe Islands, with their other successes coming away against Lithuania (2-0) and at home against Scotland (2-1).
• In their three draws at home against Lithuania (1-1), away against Scotland (1-1) and away against Iceland (0-0), Germany never trailed.
• But their performance in the final tournament disappointed with only two points from three group stage outings. Draws were recorded against the Netherlands (1-1) and Latvia (0-0) before Germany exited the competition following their 2-1 defeat at the hands of the Czech Republic in a repeat of the EURO '96™ final.
12 Robert Enke
23 René Adler
16 Philipp Lahm
18 Tim Borowski